Thanks Toronto for being part of a very exciting and vibrant Toronto Beer Week 2016. With 150 events during the 9 days, it was a concentrated beer blitz covering the city. The energy, enthuasism and excitement was incredible and we know craft beer is in good hands!
A lot goes into organizing Toronto Beer Week and many people behind the scenes who play important roles in making TBW a success. We would like to thank:
- The 39 breweries/importers and 72 bars who participated this year, Toronto Beer Week does not exist without you! Our theme this year was Diversity is our Strength, which is heavily inspired by Toronto’s coat of arms. The Beaver, Bear and Eagle in our image represents what these hard-working entrepreneurs, managers, brewers, reps are about: strength, bravery, industry, activity and determination. Make sure you a raise a pint to these hard-working people!
- Indie Alehouse for brewing the official Toronto Beer Week beer (The Interloper) which was very well-received and so damn tasty. The Indie team stretched themselves as they always do because of their deep passion for good beer and doing things right. No shortcuts and no compromises!
- The LCBO for their support in getting the TBW beer on LCBO shelves and for helping us put together a very successful launch. They are a very dedicated, professional and knowledgeable group who continue to work hard to promote and spotlight our local/regional craft breweries. We really appreciate the support and look forward to growing our partnership!
- Mayor John Tory for the second year and on short notice attended our launch event at the Summerhill LCBO. He understands the importance and impact our craft breweries have on the local economy.
- The support of our partners and advertisers helps make Toronto Beer Week 2016 a success. Please support these local businesses that support good beer in Toronto!
- To our volunteer team – Nicole, Britt, Erin – you guys juggled work, life and family commitments to help with some of the nitty gritty, unheralded work. Thanks for helping with registrations, material drop-offs, graphic design and much more! Next year will be even better!
- And lastly, to you – the proponent and imbiber of good craft beer – thanks! As we like to say, Toronto Beer Week lasts all year. With the expanded and enhanced Toronto Beer Guide, this is your guide to explore and discover Toronto’s growing and thriving craft beer scene all-year round!
We aren’t going anywhere! Between now and the start of Toronto Beer Week 2017, we will continue to promote and advance craft beer in Toronto. Stay tuned!
Photo credit: Andy Saito