Toronto Beer Week Partner Info
What is Toronto Beer Week?
In our 7th year, Toronto Beer Week (TBW) (Sept 16 – 24, 2016) is a collective series of events dedicated to the celebration and advancement of the craft beer movement. TBW showcases authentically brewed and flavourful beer, the talented brewers who create them, and the licensees who proudly support them. Our mission is to grow the local beer scene, and we’re constantly looking for new ways to provide more value to you and drive more business. We reinvest all of our revenue back into running the week and promoting our participating bars and breweries.
What is our shared mission?
Our mission is guided by the following goals which we share with our partners:
- to promote and encourage the appreciation of craft beer
- to educate people about craft beer
- to increase awareness and market share of craft beer and
- to support local and regional craft breweries and the establishments that serve craft beer by promoting products to existing and new craft beer consumers
TBW2015 By the Numbers
- 77 bars, restaurants and pubs
- 36 craft breweries and importers
- 130+ different events including two TBW signature events: Golden Tap Awards and Craft Brew Cruise
- 10,000 printed TBW passports
- Radio ads on Indie88
- Printed ads and licensee map in NOW Toronto – 401,000 readers per week
- 5700+ Twitter followers
- 2000+ Facebook followers
- 25-34 years old – 60% Male / 40% Female key age demographic
Other Exciting TBW2015 Highlights
- First TBW beer available at the LCBO – 6 Boroughs Bourbon Barrel Aged Rye Porter
- Twitter endorsements from a number of provincial and municipal politicians, including Premier Kathleen Wynne, Norm Kelly, and Eric Hoskins
- Mayor John Tory writing a letter of support for the 10,000 TBW booklets
- Mayor John Tory attending and officially pouring the first TBW beer at the official launch party… and having a couple of drinks with the crowd
- Toronto City Councillors Mike Layton and Mary-Margaret McMahon attending the official launch and engaging with supports and official TBW participants
- Live coverage of our launch at Amsterdam Brewhouse on CP24
- LCBO launch of their growler station during TBW with the Ontario Minister of Finance
Our media presence was once again high and growing thanks in part to a number of live CP24 feeds, NOW Magazine, Indie88, Newstalk 1010, Post Media, Toronto Sun, The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, WhatsBrewin.ca and countless beer blogs and online news sites like blogTO & Torontoist.
This year, we’re looking forward to another exciting lineup of events, participation from a growing number of craft beer bars and a robust selection of craft beer. Toronto Beer Week has something for everyone, whether they’re an experienced beer aficionado, or a beginner looking to explore new flavours.
Why should I participate in 2016?
- Enhanced listing featuring your logo, company bio, contact info and location posted on torontobeerweek.com. (Example: Participating Venues)
- Dedicated events specialist to help you generate event ideas and provide organizational support!
- Take advantage of access to the ever-growing craft beer savvy Toronto market
- Online registration of your events and targeted social media promotion, on your behalf, of your events and special offers during Toronto Beer Week
- Opportunity to serve the official and limited release Toronto Beer Week beer
- Listing in a double page spread in NOW Magazine (Thurs, Sept 15th issue) – 401,000 readers per week
- Ads driving to the week and website on Indie88 – Canadian Music Week Station of the Year
- Social media mentions and support from all TBW accounts – 8000+ dedicated beer-drinking followers.
- Swag for promoting you events and your association with the week, including coasters, posters and beer guide.
Only breweries and licensees who officially register with TBW can freely use the TBW logo/branding and can partner with each other on events during the week. When submitting events we will only post events where all participating licensees/breweries have registered with TBW.