What Is Our Mission?
- to promote and encourage the appreciation of craft beer
- to educate people about craft beer
- to increase awareness and market share of craft beer and
- to support local and regional craft breweries and the establishments that serve craft beer by promoting products to existing and new craft beer consumers
Exciting Toronto Beer Week 2016 Highlights
- Mayor John Tory attending and pouring the official TBW beer at the LCBO launch party (Watch launch video!)
- TBW beer brewed in collaboration with Indie Ale House released to licensees and sold out at the LCBO.
- 150 unique events including the Danforth Pub Crawl, Golden Tap Awards, Craft Brew Cruise, BBQs, and new beer launches.
- Twitter endorsements from a number of provincial and municipal politicians, including John Tory and Eric Hoskins
- Jim Koch (Sam Adams) visiting during Toronto Beer Week to launch Utopias, conduct a beer/cheese pairing event and support our craft breweries/bars.
- Published the first annual, year-round Toronto Beer Guide bringing attention to Toronto’s craft beer market.
- Featured in Tourism Toronto’s Food and Drink magazine.
Our media presence was strong again in 2016 and continues to grow each year. We were mentioned and/or featured in: NOW Magazine, Indie88, Newstalk 1010, Toronto Sun, Metroland Media, Toronto Star, DineTO, Get Out There Magazine, LCBO, Ontario Beverage Network, On the Go, WhatsBrewin.ca, Canadian Beer News, and online news sites like blogTO & Torontoist.
This year, we’re looking forward to another exciting lineup of events, participation from a growing number of craft beer bars and an expanding selection of craft beer. Toronto Beer Week has something for everyone, whether they’re an experienced beer aficionado, or a beginner looking to explore new flavours.