The Golden Tap Awards are a leading awards event recognizing the best craft beer achievements in Ontario.
Now in their thirteenth year, the Golden Tap Awards is Ontario’s most democratic awards event, with all voting taking place online by the general public in the following categories:
- Best craft brewery in Ontario
- Best brewery for cask-conditioned ales in Ontario
- Best bar in Ontario for draught beer selection
- Best bar in Ontario for bottled and/or canned beer selection
- Best bar in Ontario for cask-conditioned ale
- Best brewpub or tied house in Ontario
- Best regularly-produced craft beer in Ontario
- Best seasonal or specialty craft beer in Ontario
- Best cask-conditioned ale in Ontario
- Best craft cidery in Ontario
This year sees the continuation of a new category of awards recognizing special beer achievements in Ontario. Introduced last year, the Tappies are meant to reflect the depth and creativity that exists in the craft beer scene, and include:
- Design Award: For the best packaging design, label artwork and branding in Ontario
- Innovation Award: For pushing the boundaries of craft brewing the furthest in Ontario
- Newcomer Award: For the best bar, brewpub, restaurant or brewery that is new to Ontario
- Event Award: For the best beer event that took place in the past year in Ontario
- Staff Award: For the best (most beer-knowledgeable, friendly) staff in Ontario
- Beer Writer Award: For the best beer writer (print, digital or other) in Ontario
- Brewmaster’s Choice: For the best beer in Ontario, as decided by the craft brewers themselves
Voting is free and open to the public until September 15th, 2015. There are no nominees – you are free to vote for whomever you wish in the categories, as long as they represent craft beer. All breweries, brewpubs, bars, restaurants and beers that exist in Ontario qualify for nomination.
Voting closes on September 15th, 2015 and winners will be announced at a gala event at beerbistro during Toronto Beer Week on Wednesday, September 23rd, which is free admission and open to the public.
The Golden Tap Awards are presented in 2015 by the Ontario Craft Brewers.