Toronto Beer Week 2017 Events
(Thursday) 5:00 pm
18 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario
The Golden Tap Awards are
The Golden Tap Awards are a leading awards event recognizing the best craft beer achievements in Ontario.
Now in their fourteenth year, the Golden Tap Awards is Ontario’s most democratic awards event, with all voting taking place online by the general public in the following categories:
- Best craft brewery in Ontario
- Best bar in Ontario for draught beer selection
- Best bar in Ontario for bottled and/or canned beer selection
- Best brewpub or tied house in Ontario
- Best regularly-produced craft beer in Ontario
- Best seasonal, limited release or specialty craft beer in Ontario
- Best craft cidery in Ontario
This year sees the continuation of the Tappies, recognizing special beer achievements in Ontario reflecting the depth and creativity that exists in the craft beer scene:
- Design Award: For the best packaging design, label artwork and branding in Ontario
- Innovation Award: For pushing the boundaries of craft brewing the furthest in Ontario
- Newcomer Award (Bar): For the best craft beer bar or restaurant that is new to Ontario
- Newcomer Award (Brewery): For the best craft brewery or brewpub that is new to Ontario
- Event Award: For the best beer event that took place in the past year in Ontario
- Staff Award: For the best (most beer-knowledgeable, friendly) staff in Ontario
- Beer Writer Award: For the best beer writer (print, digital or other) in Ontario
- Brewmaster’s Choice: For the best beer in Ontario, as decided by the craft brewers themselves
Voting is free and open to the public until September 18th, 2016. There are no nominees – you are free to vote for whomever you wish in the categories, as long as they represent craft beer. All breweries, brewpubs, bars, restaurants and beers that exist in Ontario qualify for nomination.
Our gala awards event to hand out the Golden Tap Awards will be taking place on Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 as part of Toronto Beer Week at beerbistro (18 King Street East) in downtown Toronto.
Our event will feature an all-Ontario craft beer festival as we announce the winners. Doors will open at 5pm, where you will be able to try sample sizes of all the beers available. The awards show occurs at 8pm, and after the show all beers will be available in full pints. Admission is free and no tickets are required.
We hope to see you at the Golden Tap Awards as we reveal this year’s winners and enjoy the best beer Ontario has to offer!
The Golden Tap Awards are presented in 2016 by the Ontario Craft Brewers.